1. DO NOT OPEN any attachments you are not expecting to receive (especially filenames ending with ‘.exe’).
2. DO N OT DOWNLOAD anything suspicious without checking with your IT department.
3. DO NOT CLICK on links in emails or give away personal details unless you know the sender. Your bank will never ask for details via email.
4. UPDATE YOUR ANTIVIRUS which will help identify and stop emails containing viruses.
5. IF YOU SUSPECT AN ISSUE, unplug every cable from your computer (or switch off your laptop) and contact your IT support immediately.
6. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE with all of the above!Nottingham based national charity moves to Office 365 »